Do I need a business bank account
You do not need a business bank account to get started. If you are in the United States a personal bank account linked up with your PayPal account is enough to get started. Take baby steps and focus all of your efforts on making the first sale.
If you are outside of the US and wish to sell in the US market place your route might be a little bit different.
- A credit card that can be charged internationally, i.e, a Mastercard or Visa.
- A local bank in your country that supports ACH which stands for automated clearing house which really means your bank can accept electronic transfers
- Your local address
- Your country uses currency supported by Amazon. This is not an issue for most English speaking countries or non English speaking European countries.
- A phone number (you’ll also need your international prefix number)
- A US EIN number. You don’t have to be a corporation and have any type of legal status in the US to get this number. You simply fill out online form 10-BEN on the IRS.gov website (Internal Revenue Service which is the US government tax collection agency)